Summary: In the past I’ve “cheated” and made ravioli out of “store bought” wonton wrappers…why not use them to cuddle a smidge of mozzarella and a sprinkle of basil? Then plop them into some sizzling olive oil, dust with a tang of grated Parmigiano Reggiano or perhap Romano, if you’re so inclined.
- 1 package of Ovoline fresh mozzarella (about 15, cut in half to make 30)
- 1 egg plus 1 tablespoon of water for egg wash
- 15 fresh basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 30 sheets fresh wonton wrappers
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup of your favorite warm tomato sauce (yep, canned is acceptable here) or make your own fav.
For instructions please visit: ReturntoSundaySupper.com
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 10 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 30