Recipe: Super Simple Mashed Cauliflower
Summary: You can blend nearly any extra ingredient you want in at the end or fold it in for more of a swirled effect.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (mine was so large I had to food process in 2 separate batches, if yours is smaller you can reduce the other ingredients)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt
- fresh grated Parmesan (optional)
- Cut up the head of cauliflower into small pieces and steam until very soft. In a bamboo steamer with the water boiling at medium heat this takes around 25 minutes.
- Food process the steamed cauliflower with the butter, salt and Parmesan if you are using it. Once the food processor is on, drizzle in enough olive oil to let it start to moving into a creamy mixture. Continue to process until no lumps remain, which might take about a minute. Taste the final mixture and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- I think a little bit of good quality Parmesan really brings this dish together, but if you are not using it then you might want to add other flavors.