Recipe: Sweet Hawaiian Chicken
Summary: Dream of visiting tropical lands, lounging on the beach, listening to the surf roll in while some Jimmy Buffet wafts through the background…ah Summer! (Your thoughts for inspiration while shoveling out of.. yet another snow storm!)
- 1 lb skinless and boneless Chicken breast
- 4 tbsp cornflour to coat the chicken
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 can of lychees drained (but keep the syrup aside) (any Asian Market)
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 cup Lychee syrup
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp corn flour diluted in 1 tbsp of water
- Marinate the chicken with the soy sauce, salt, pepper, ginger and sesame oil for 45 min.
- Roll the chicken in the cornflour and deep fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp cooking oil over medium fire.
- Add sauce ingredients and cook until sauce thickens.
- Add the chicken above the sauce and let simmer for 3-5 mins.
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: en.paperblog.com
Serve along with steamed white rice.
You don’t need the brown sugar for lychees, they are much sweeter, but..
If your can’t find canned lychees
|1 cup Pineapple Juice|
|1/2 cup Brown Sugar|
|1/3 cup Light Soy Sauce|
and continue with same instructions, but if you’ve never tried lychees definitely look when you get a chance, they are awesome!
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4