Recipe: Sweetie Pies
Summary: Sweetie Pies make the perfect little homemade Valentine treat! I’ve always loved using pie crust to make delicious treats and these are a favorite, for sure!
- 1 batch pie crust
- 1 jar raspberry jam (or any jam you love)
- To begin, prepare your favorite pie crust. Roll it out in thin strips to cut with a heart cookie cutter.
- Add a dollop of seedless raspberry jam to the center of each heart.
- Moisten the edge of the heart with water, all around, and cover with another heart cut-out.
- Softly press top edge down onto bottom edge, forming a seal, and press sealed edges together with fork tines, all around.
- Prick center of each little pie with fork tines and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. You can dust them with powdered sugar: Serve warm or at room temperature.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 45 minute(s)
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: TheFarmChicks.com