Recipe: Swiss Mushroom Chicken
Summary: This is a very easy recipe and tastes very good. The original recipe said to coat the chicken with parmesan and pan fry, but I decided to simplify it a bit.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, pounded flat if desired
- Salt, pepper and your choice of seasonings
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 thin slices deli ham
- 4 slices Swiss cheese, about 1 ounce each
- Season the chicken as desired; grill or sauté till just done. Place the chicken in a large baking dish.
- Sauté the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Top each piece of chicken with a slice of ham, 1/4 of the mushrooms, then a slice of cheese.
- Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes until everything is hot and the cheese is melted.
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 20 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe adapted from: genaw.com