Recipe: T.G.I. Friday’s Gazpacho
- 1 cup tomato juice or V8 (for an additional vegetable kick)
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt (add salt in 1 teaspoon increments and
- taste each time; it will depend on how ripe and juicy your
- tomatoes are as to how much salt you need)
- 1 fresh squeezed lemon
- 2 medium size carrots, washed, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 red onion, washed, peeled and rough chopped*
- 2 medium size green bell peppers*
- 2 to 3 ribs celery, washed and rough chopped*
- 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium size cucumber, washed, peeled and seeded
- * Amount of onion, green pepper and celery should be about the same.
- Place all vegetables and seasoning (except salt) in blender in order as they appear and add 1 cup of tomato juice. Blend for 20 seconds to chop vegetables into small pieces (do not puree vegetables – Gazpacho should be like a small-diced Salsa).
- Add remaining juice and allow to sit in refrigerator for 4 hours for flavors to blend.
- Taste and add salt as needed.
- Serve well-chilled and garnish with a lime and fresh ground pepper.