Summary: This is almost too easy to be called a recipe, but I had to share it anyway. I came up with it one night when I wanted a nice meal but wasn’t feeling too motivated. I love Crock-Pot cooking!
- 1 -2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (18 ounce) jar of your favorite barbecue sauce (I love K.C. Masterpiece!)
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced
- 4 -6 hamburger buns
- Remove all visible fat from the chicken and toss it in the crock pot.
- Place the onion slices on top of the chicken.
- Pour the barbecue sauce over top.
- You may not need the entire jar, just enough to cover the chicken.
- Cook it on LOW for 8 hours or until the chicken is nice and tender.
- Shred the chicken with a fork and knife; scoop the mixture onto the bottom buns and top it with the top buns.
- Or, if you’re like my dad, you might prefer leaving the breasts whole and eating it that way.
- Voila! An easy weeknight meal that doesn’t heat up your kitchen in the summertime!
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 hour(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: tharntanypetruce.tumblr.com