Recipe: Thai Chicken Satay
Summary: This chicken is so very flavorful and tender, so tender it just melts in your mouth and the balance of flavors is so awesome.. you’ll want to share!
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breast, about 4 breast halves
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1 teaspoons brown sugar or palm sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons sweet soy sauce,
- 1 teaspoon hoison sauce or fish sauce
- 1/4 cup oil
- Bamboo skewers, about 12-14 (soaked for 30 minutes)
- Peanut Sauce:
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons tamarind juice or lime juice
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Slice the chicken in thin strips. It’s easier to slice the chicken if it’s partially frozen.
- Mix the remaining ingredients; add the chicken and marinate at least 30 minutes.
- Thread the meat on the skewers and grill 4 minutes on each side just until done, basting with the marinade while grilling. Do not overcook. Serve with Peanut Sauce
Peanut Sauce: Mix all ingredients in a bowl and serve for dipping.
Serve with Cucumber Salad
Preparation time: 30 minute(s)
Cooking time: 8 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4