Recipe: Thai Chu Chee Curry Fish
Summary: Thai Fish Chu Chee Curry or ” Chu Chee Pla” in Thai. This curry recipe comes from south of Thailand.
- 1) 1/2 Lb. haddock ( white fish like tuna, sea bass or red snapper)
- 2) 1 cup coconut milk (keep 1 Tbsp for garnish)
- 3) 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 4) 1 tsp palm sugar
- 5) 1/2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 6) 1/8 tsp white pepper powder
- 7) 1 cup Thai sweet basil
- 8) 4 fresh chilies for garnish
- 9) 1 Tbsp canola oil
- In a wok or large frypan, over high heat, fry fish using most of the vegetable oil, until golden on one side. It will take about five minutes.
- Lower heat and, using tongs, gently turn fish over.
- Turn up heat again and cook until golden. Using tongs again, lift fish gently onto a serving plate.
- In the wok, gently stir-fry the curry-paste and lime leaves in remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Add coconut milk and fish sauce. Simmer for about five minutes.
- Add sugar and simmer for another five minutes.
- Taste to see if extra coconut milk, fish sauce, or sugar is required.
- Pour sauce over fish and garnish with cilantro and chopped chili peppers.
Recipe originally published at http://amporn-oleski.blogspot.com/2010/04/thai-chu-chee-curry-fish.html