Recipe: Thai Egg Salad
Summary: Learn how to make Thai egg salad that hits all the right notes with classic Thai flavors: sweet, tangy and slightly spicy.
- 5 eggs, boiled and peeled
- 1 clove of garlic, finely minced on a microplane
- 2 Thai chilies, minced
- 4 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 3 tbsp. fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 1/3 cup cucumber, sliced and peeled
- 2 tbsp. fried shallots
- With the hard-boiled eggs that are peeled, quarter them into four wedges
- To make the Thai salad salad dressing, combine the minced garlic, chilies, lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and scallions. Allow the flavors to meld for 5 minutes.
- In two small bowls, make a bed of cucumber. Arrange the egg wedges on top.
- Pour the dressing on the eggs, top with cilantro and fried shallots over the eggs.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2