Summary: Yes, dessert can be part of a nutritious meal. Why skip a sweet ending when it’s so easy to make a fabulous dessert with wholesome ingredients.
- 9 ounces fat free sour cream
- 9 ounces low fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 ounces light frozen whipped topping
- 1 cup brewed coffee
- 10 1/2 ounces ladyfinger cookies
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. While mixing, add sugar, milk and vanilla and blend until smooth. Fold in frozen whipped topping gently with a spatula.
- Dip ladyfingers in coffee and layer half of them in bottom of a 10 1/2 x 12 1/2 or similar size pan. Layer half of the cream cheese mixture onto ladyfingers. Repeat with the rest of the coffee-dipped ladyfingers and cream cheese mixture.
- Dust cocoa powder on top and refrigerate 4-16 hours. Serve with fresh berries and mint.
Number of servings (yield): 16
Nutritional Analysis per Serving:
Calories per serving: 160
Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrate: 23 g
Protein: 5 g
Sodium: 90 mg
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: CaregiverStress.com