Summary: Loved this recipe. I am a big fan of anything having to do with cornbread, being from the south, and this surely did not disappoint.
- 2 boxes Jiffy Corn Bread Mix 1 (15 ounce can) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup onions, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/3 cups warm water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- Mix together the Jiffy mix, corn, eggs and milk.
- Coat the bottom of a nonstick skillet with vegetable oil. Heat skillet to medium-high.
- Drop a spoonful of corn fritter mix into skillet. Cook on each side until lightly golden.
- Place on a paper towel to drain. Add more oil as needed to complete frying all the corn fritters.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a skillet over medium low heat. Sauté onions and bell pepper until onions are transparent. Remove skillet from heat.
- Place chicken bouillon cubes in 1 1/3 cups water and dissolve.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crumble corn fritters into a large bowl. Add sautéed onions and bell peppers. Add 3 tablespoons melted butter.
- Pour dissolved chicken bouillon and water mixture over corn and sautéed vegetables and mix well. Place mixture in well greased 8-inch square baking pan and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove foil and return to oven for 10 to 15 minutes.