Recipe: Tournedos of Beef with Three Pepper Sauce
- 12 (3 oz.) beef tenderloin steaks
- 1 tsp. green peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp. black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tsp. pink peppercorns, crushed
- 4 oz. heavy cream
- 2 oz. brandy
- 2 oz. Scotch whiskey
- 2 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tsp. parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp. pimentos, chopped
- 2 oz. cooking oil
- In a large skillet with oil, saute each steak until browned, then remove from pan and set aside. Add the black peppercorns, mushrooms and whiskey. Be careful, the whiskey will ignite when exposed to open flames. Bring to a quick boil. Place three steaks on 4 separate dinner plates. Pour mushroom sauce over the steak on the left of each plate.
- In another saucepan add the green peppercorns, parsley, and brandy; bring to a quick boil and pour over the steak on the right.
- In another saucepan add the pink peppercorns, chopped pimentos, and heavy cream and reduce cream until thick. Pour this sauce over the middle filet and serve with a slice of tomato and a parsley sprig.