Summary: This elegant pasta dinner will have your family thinking you worked in the kitchen all day long. The secret, though, is refrigerated ravioli and jarred alfredo sauce that’s heated with white wine, chopped fresh tomatoes, and fresh basil. Top with grated Parmesan cheese for a tasty finishing touch.
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated four-cheese ravioli*
- 1 (16-oz.) jar sun-dried tomato Alfredo sauce
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 2 medium-size fresh tomatoes, chopped**
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Garnish: fresh basil strips
- Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, pour Alfredo sauce into a medium saucepan. Pour wine into sauce jar; cover tightly, and shake well. Stir wine mixture into saucepan.
- Stir in chopped tomatoes and 1/2 cup chopped basil, and cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Toss with pasta, and top evenly with 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese. Garnish, if desired.
*1 (13-oz.) package three-cheese tortellini may be substituted.
**1 (14.5-oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, fully drained, may be substituted.
Note: For testing purposes only, we used Buitoni Four Cheese Ravioli and Classico Sun-dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Sauce.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 4
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: MyRecipes.com