Summary: This is quick, easy and full of flavor. It makes a nice dinner for 4 served with a good salad or it can be a starting course and serve more.
Tuscan White Bean and Spinach Soup
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 3 -4 cups fat free chicken broth or 3 -4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (14 12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 12 ounce) can white beans (cannellini or other)
- 12 cup whole wheat pasta shells or 12 cup shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 3 cups Baby Spinach, cleaned and trimmed
- 18 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 dash crushed red pepper flakes
In a large sauce pan, sautee the shallots & garlic in the olive oil.
Add broth, tomatoes, beans and rosemary to pot. Season with black and red pepper. Bring to boil.
Add pasta and cook 12 minutes. If the soup seems too thick for your liking add a bit more broth.
Add spinach and cook until wilted
Adapted from: Food.com