Recipe: Tuxedo Bow Tie Pasta Salad
Summary: The perfect pasta salad for picnics, potlucks and gatherings. I’ve made this without the mayo, using the artichoke marinade in it’s place, and it was equally fabulous and well received! Best served well chilled.
- 8 ounces bow tie farafelle pasta, cooked according to package directions (measured dry, I use De Cecco)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Spanish olives
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) jars marinated quartered artichoke hearts (reserve several tablespoons of the marinade)
- 1/4 cup Italian deli-sliced mild pepper rings, chopped (or green bell peppers)
- 1 cup broccoli floret, cut into one-inch pieces cooked al dente
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2 medium fresh tomatoes, diced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, diced (optional, or salami)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, diced (optional, or provolone)
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh parsley, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives, to garnish
- In a large bowl stir together the mayonnaise, olives, artichoke hearts, peppers, broccoli florets, celery, cucumber, and tomatoes. Now is the time to add the pepperoni or salami and cheese, if using.
- Add the cooked and drained pasta; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in the reserved artichoke marinade, a spoonful at a time, to the desired consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with snipped fresh herbs (parsley and chives).
- Cover and thoroughly chill (several hours or overnight) before serving.
Preparation time: 25 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 6
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Food.com