Recipe: Veggie and Cheese Bagel Sandwich
Summary: I had veggies in my garden—cucumbers and tomatoes, along with some chives. It was a stifling hot day, so the coolness of the sandwich was just the ticket for us desperate, hungry women. The other three ladies sainted me instantly. It was a real kick!
- 1/2 block Of Cream Cheese
- 2 whole (to 3) Green Onions
- Red Onion
- 1 whole Everything Bagel (or Any Kind Of Bagel)
- Alfalfa Sprouts
- 1 Or 2 Slices Of Muenster Cheese
- Slice Of Cheddar Cheese
- Place ½ a block of cream cheese on a plate and mash it a bit with a fork. Next, chop up 2-3 green onions and mix them with the cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Slice all veggies (tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, red onions) thinly.
- Slice bagel in half. Spread the cream cheese generously on both sides of the bagel.
- Layer the vegetables. First lay the avocados right along the cream cheese to help them stay put. Next the alfalfa sprouts and then one slice of each kind of cheese. On the other half of the bagel arrange the cucumber slices in a circle.
- Sprinkle the cucumbers with a pinch of salt if you would like.
- Next lay the onion slices on top of the cucumbers, then the tomatoes, followed by a slice of lettuce, and if you’re feeling naughty, another slice of Muenster cheese.
- Put the whole thing together and Voila! A cool, crisp, and deliciously fabulous Veggie and Cheese Bagel Sandwich.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 1
Recipe and Photo courtesy of: ThePioneerWoman.com