Recipe: Watermelon Popsicle
Summary: These are awesome, the seeds are chocolate chips, and the watermelon is real water melon it is DELICIOUS you have to try it.
- 1pkg. (3 oz.) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 5 cups seedless watermelon (about 1/4 of a large watermelon), diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 5 Tbsp. miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 c. vanilla Greek yogurt
- Prepare lime jello -3/4 cup water and replace with vanilla Greek yogurt. to get the bottom color.
- Combine watermelon, lime juice and sugar into the bowl of a food processor or blender. Puree until smooth, about 2 minutes.
- Discard solids and distribute the puree evenly among eight (3-ounce) Popsicle molds evenly, let chill a bit and drop a few chocolate chips in each, leave room for the next step. Let that set and pour jello-yogurt mixture and insert stick. Freeze overnight.
Can’t find seedless watermelon? No problem! Pour mixture through a fine mesh strainer set over a medium bowl. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, press the watermelon through the strainer to extract the most juice and pits out of the solids. Add 1/2 cup strawberries for a delicious Watermelon-Strawberry Popsicle.
I don’t know where you can get this mold I didn’t see them on amazon, it is probably made in China.
Preparation time: 6 minute(s)
Chilling Time: 12-24 hours
Number of servings (yield): 10
Recipe idea adapted from recipes.kaboose.com