Recipe: White Chicken Chili Recipe
Summary: This delicious chili is the alternative to the typical beef version. It is healthy and full of vegetables that compliment each other in every way. Chili is meant to cook slowly to really bring out the flavors.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 C chopped onion
- 1/2 C chopped celery
- 1/2 C chopped carrot
- 1 C diced zucchini
- 1 ½ lbs cooked chicken breast cut up into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice * omit the lime juice through the tomatillos if you use the Green Chili Mixture
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 can green chilies (4.5 oz)
- 8 fresh green tomatillos pureed in a food processor
- 2-15 oz can cannelloni or great northern beans (well rinsed)
- 3 1/4 C chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp. mesa flour or mesarepa (this is a fine corn flour – look in baking aisle or Goya section of supermarket) corn meal is good also (add a little extra for a nice thick chili) I would!
For recipe instructions visit Chef Ellen by clicking here!
Serves 8 – 3/4 C. servings
Per serving: Calories 341, Fat 10.5g (saturated 2.4g, polyunsaturated 1.9g, monounsaturated 5g) Carbohydrates 27.2g, Fiber 6g, Protein 33.9g