Summary: They’re light, fresh, and crispy all in one perfect little bite.
- Wonton Cups:
- 28 square wonton wrappers
- Cooking spray
- 1 lb cooked salad shrimp (or any other cooked shrimp, small)
- 1 small jar Salsa
- 1 small can crab meat
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 avocados
- 2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- For the wonton cups: Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Trim the wonton wrappers into approximately 3-inch squares. Spray mini muffin tins with cooking spray. Put one wonton into the muffin tin, pressing it gently into bottom and side to form a cup. Repeat with remaining wrappers. Once muffin tin is full, spray the wonton wrappers with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt. Bake for 7-9 minutes, until golden brown. Cool in muffin tin.
- Toss crab in a bowl with the cilantro, green onions, lime juice, lime zest.. Season to taste with salt.
- For the guacamole: Mash avocados in a bowl until smooth. Mix in cilantro and lime juice.
- To assemble: Place some of the crab in the bottom of wonton cup, top with guacamole, shrimp & salsa. This would work with phyllo cups too
Number of servings (yield): 25
Recipe adapted from and Photo courtesy of: Gardenweb.com