Summary: Moist scones with tangy tangerines and tart cranberries: a love-ly way to start your day!
- 2.5 c flour
- 0.5 c sugar (I like turbinado sugar)
- 2.5 tsp. baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 6 Tblsp COLD unsalted butter
- 1 c Yogurt or heavy cream
- 1 cup or so (whatever you’ve got) of your chopped cranberries
- Grated zest of one tangerine (or other citrus goodness)
- Juice of one tangerine
- I use a stand mixer. Mix first 4 ingredients. Add butter (chopped) and mix to a meal. Add cream and mix. Add berries and mix. Place onto flat surface and form a circle. Sprinkle with more sugar and Smoosh the ball down flat until it’s about 3/4″ to 1″ thick. Use a heart cookie cutter (or a round one or square, but anything more complicated won’t hold its shape) to cut out shapes. I had to bend my heart cookie cutter to create a sharper point in the top of the heart, since they spread a bit my first batch just looked like melting heart-circle lumps. You could also just cut into wedges, but not as cute. Bake in 425 degree oven for 15-17 minutes.
Preparation time: 15 minute(s)
Cooking time: 15 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of Babble